There has been a release of a new jailbreak utility for iOS 12 to iOS 12.1.2 devices. Its called Chimera and it was developed by Coolstar’s Electra jailbreak team.
And the best bit? It supports the new A12 devices.
Let’s see how to download it.
How to Download Chimera Jailbreak:
You can do this in two ways but, no matter which method you choose, make sure your iPhone or iPad doesn’t have any iOS OTA files on it or the jailbreak will not work, and your device could go into a boot loop.
Method 1: Configuration Profile
This method involves downloading a third-party installer called AppValley:
- Download AppValley onto your device
- Open it, and search for Chimera
- Tap it, tap Install and wait for the installation to finish – Chimera is ready to jailbreak your device.
- Launch the jailbreak app and tap the Jailbreak button to proceed.
We’re not done yet
Method 2: IPA File Installation
This method uses Cydia Impactor and your computer to install Chimera on your device:
- Download Cydia Impactor
- Download the Chimera IPA file
- Plug in your device and open Cydia Impactor
- Once it has detected your device, drag the IPA file to the open window
- Put your Apple ID in and wait for Cydia Impactor to sideload Chimera onto your device
- Before you use it, open Settings > General
- Go to Profiles and tap your Apple ID in the list
- Tap Trust and now you can use the app
Wait, there’s more
First, you need to know that Chimera is semi-untethered and that means you need to rejailbreak your device whenever you reboot it.
Chimera App Features:
- Works on all devices on iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2
- Sileo is used for package installation/management
- Stable and reliable
- CoreTrust bypass ensures a fast and safe jailbreak
- Easy to download all your favorite tweaks, mods, apps, etc.
Over to you
AppValley offers more than just Chimera jailbreak. Take a look; you’ll find modified games, tweaked apps, jailbreak tweaks, mods and much more. You can even download paid apps; in fact, everything in the installer is free.
Download Chimera and follow us on Facebook for the latest jailbreak updates.