Great news! Electra jailbreak has been released at long last. Its been a long time coming, but now it’s available for all iOS devices. It is a semi-untethered jailbreak, as most of the recent ones are, and there are two easy and safe ways of installing it.
Excited? Let’s dive in
How to Download Electra Jailbreak:
Before you choose a method, make sure your data has been backed up.
Method 1: AppValley App
AppValley is an excellent way of installing the jailbreak; it is safer, and you get a ton of extra content with it.
- Download AppValley onto your device
- Open the installer and search for Electra
- Tap the right result and tap on Install
- When it’s all done, the jailbreak will be on your home screen
Wait, there’s more
Method 2: IPA File Download
The other way is to sideload the jailbreak using Cydia Impactor; here’s how:
- Enable Airplane mode and disable Siri on your device
- Reboot, check that Airplane mode is still enabled, and Wi-fi is off
- Now download Cydia Impactor and the Electra IPA file onto your computer
- Plug in your iPhone or iPad and open Cydia Impactor
- Once your device is detected, you can drag and drop the IPA file into Cydia Impactor
- Type your Apple details in and wait
- Once Cydia Impactor has signed and installed the file, Electra jailbreak icon will be on your home screen
- Open your Settings app and go to General > Profiles
- Find and trust the Electra Profile and close Settings
- Tap the Electra icon and tap on Jailbreak
- Leave your device while it goes through the jailbreak process
- After it resprings, tap the Electra button to continue the process
- Tap on Enable jailbreak and, when your device resprings to your home screen, the jailbreak is done
- Tap on the Electra icon – it should say that the jailbreak has been successful
- If not, repeat the steps again until it succeeds
- Disable Airplane mode, enable Siri and you are free to use the jailbreak
Cool or what?
The steps are quite easy to follow and, although it isn’t the conventional way of installing a jailbreak, it is much safer. You can still download your tweaks and mods as normal, and you still get all the benefits of the jailbreak.
Do let us know how you get on and follow us on Facebook for more jailbreak news.