The Gameboy was the most popular console ever released, and, for a long time, using Cydia, we could play our favorite GBA games on our iOS devices. Developer Riley Testut came up with an emulator app called GBA4iOS that could be used outside of Cydia, using an iOS flaw, but, as expected, it didn’t take long or Apple to patch that flaw.
There is good news
You may not be able to download GBA4iOS from the app store anymore, but you can still use it.
Check out these two methods to get the emulator on your iPhone or iPad
Method 1: AppValley
- Open the AppValley page and download it to your device
- Once installed, open it and search for GBA4iOS
- Tap on it, follow the instructions and GBA4iOS will be installed
Wait, there’s more
Method 2: IPA file
This is a bit more involved. First, ensure that iTunes is up to date on your computer.
- Download Cydia Impactor to your computer
- Download the GBA4iOS .ipa file and extract it
- Plug your device into your computer and open Cydia Impactor
- When your iPhone or iPad has been detected, drag the .ipa file into Cydia Impactor
- Click OK on the Expired Certificate warning and input your Apple ID
- When Cydia Impactor has finished, the GBA4iOS icon is on your home screen. Start playing.
We’re not done yet
Before you use the emulator:
- Open your Settings apps and tap on General
- Go to Profiles and tap the GBA4iOS profile
- Tap Trust and close your Settings app
- Now you can use GBA4iOS
It looks simple
And it is
What makes this so unique though?
All these features:
- Support for Wireless Linking
- Choose from several skins
- Great new app logo
- Optimized for iPhone and iPad
- Fully supports Gameboy, Gameboy Advance and Gameboy Color
- Browser built-in
- Regular updates
- Dropbox support
- Cheat code support
- Several save states
- Support for Airplay
- Event distribution
- Controller vibration mode
- Sustain button
- Support for URL scheme
- Support for external iOS controllers
- Fast Forward button
- Plenty more features
This is a fantastic opportunity.
Don’t miss out
VPN for GBA4iOS Users:
iPhone emulators for iOS devices like GBA4iOS are common these days, but that doesn’t mean Apple doesn’t want you using it. They regularly revoke unofficial apps, leaving you with a broken emulator app unless you reinstall it again from the links above. By installing a VPN on your device, you can protect the certificates and your browsing history, leaving you free to use whatever you want on your device.
Is it Safe to Download GBA4iOS?
This GBA Emulator is perfectly safe to use because the developers put the time and effort into making it so. Putting the emulator app through a rigorous testing cycle every step of the way through its Reddit beta user community, now that it is released, they keep a very close eye on it; should any problems arise, they fix them straight away.
Get GBA4iOS on your iPhone or iPad today, completely free
Don’t forget to tell us what you think of it and follow us on Facebook to get more cool tips like this.