Are you looking for an app to download torrent files on your iPhone or iPad? Have you looked at iTransmission? It’s a great app that makes downloading torrent files to your device very easy.
Even better. It’s all FREE
What’s so good about it?
- 1 App Features:
- 2 How to Download iTransmission:
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions:
If you want torrent files on your iPhone or iPad, it is an incredibly useful app with some of the best features:
- Completely free
- No jailbreak needed
- Works on all iOS devices
- A simple tap of the + icon lets you add new torrents
- Stop/start downloads with one tap
- Choose between data and Wi-Fi for downloads
- Get info about every torrent – file size, peers, upload speed, data received, and much more
- Very user-friendly and easy to navigate
- Plenty more features
Disclaimer: Downloading copyrighted content from the web using torrenting is an illegal use of the iTransmission app. Users are advised to use the iTransmission app only for downloading legal and license-free content.
How to Download iTransmission:
Forget the official app store; you won’t find an app like this in there. What you need is an unofficial app store called AppValley. iTransmission is just one of the fantastic free apps on offer in AppValley, and here’s how to get it.
Method 1: using AppValley App
- Follow the guide at the link to download AppValley
- Open AppValley and search for iTransmission
- Tap it and follow the on-screen instructions to install it
- Enjoy your torrent files on your iPhone or iPad.
Simple as that!
If you are unlucky enough to get an Untrusted Developer error when you use iTransmission for the first time, don’t worry. It really is very easy to fix, and all you need to do is open Settings > General > Profiles. Find the iTransmission app, tap it, and tap Trust.
That’s all you have to do
Want to give iTransmission a try?
Then go for it. It’s free, so you’re not losing anything by trying one of the very best apps for torrent files.
And a bonus
With AppValley, you get thousands more apps and games, lots of them unofficial, all for free.
Method 2: Sideload iTransmission IPA File
The easiest way to do this is with Cydia Impactor, which can be used for installing a maximum of three apps onto your iPhone or iPad. Because Cydia Impactor sideloads and signs unofficial files, there is one downside – every seven days, you must connect your device to your computer and repeat the installation steps; you won’t have to delete the app and start over though.
Here’s how to do it:
- Download Cydia Impactor onto your computer and extract the contents
- Download the iTransmission IPA file onto your computer ( 26 MB )
- Launch Cydia Impactor and connect your device to your computer
- When your device has been detected, in Cydia Impactor click on Device > Install Package
- Choose the iTransmission.ipa file you downloaded and click it. You can also drag and drop the file on Cydia impactor.
- Type your Apple ID in and the app-specific password you need for unofficial apps
- When Cydia Impactor is done, open your iOS Settings app
- Tap on General > Profiles and tap the app profile
- Tap Trust and iTransmission is yours to use.
If you struggle to sideload the IPA file, take a look at our “How to Use Cydia Impactor” article for helpful tips and a detailed tutorial, including generating app-specific passwords.
You do not need to jailbreak to use Cydia Impactor but, if you already have a jailbreak on your iPhone or iPad, you can download a jailbreak app called ReProvision to help you get your IPA files signed.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is iTransmission App?
Is it Safe to Use?
Yes, so long as you only use the trusted source to download it from. Plus, you do not need to jailbreak your device to use it, adding another layer of safety.
iTransmission Has Stopped Working – Why?
This is most likely because the certificate has been revoked. If the iTransmission icon has turned grey, repeat the installation steps above from Method 1 Step 3 – this is should reactivate the certificate. If it doesn’t work, delete the file and start from scratch and remember to resign the certificate every 7 days.
Where are Downloaded Files Stored?
iTransmission will save any file you download to var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/iTransmission(bundle)/Documents/Downloads.
Do I Need a Jailbreak?
No. iTransmission does not require a jailbreak to work; simply choose and sideload your IPA file using the trusted source that we provide you.
Download iTransmission and let us know what you think of it. You can get more app recommendations like this just by following us on Facebook.