At last, we have a new jailbreak for iOS 9. It’s called Phoenix jailbreak and, like many other recent ones, is a semi-untethered jailbreak. This is great news, but the jailbreak is only for 32-bit devices, which covers the earlier iPhones and iPads, none of the later ones. There are two ways to install it though.
How to Install Phoenix using AppValley:
Before you begin, use iTunes to back your data up and be aware; because it is semi-untethered, whenever you reboot your device, you will need to reactivate the jailbreak.
AppValley is one of the safest ways of installing the jailbreak on your device. It doesn’t hack into the iOS root, and it provides you with a load of extra apps and games too.
- Download AppValley onto your iPhone or iPad
- When it’s done, tap the app icon and open it
- Type Phoenix in the search bar and tap the result
- Tap on Install on the app page and let AppValley install the jailbreak on your device.
When you see the app icon, it’s done.
We’re not done yet
How to Install Phoenix IPA File:
The other way is to install the jailbreak by using Cydia Impactor to sign the IPA file.
- Download the Phoenix IPA onto your Mac or PC and remember where you save it
- Download Cydia Impactor to your computer
- Connect your device, open Cydia impactor and wait – the tool will find your device
- When it has, drag the IPA file into Cydia Impactor and input your Apple D and password
- Be patient; the file has to be signed and installed on your device
- When it has been, open Settings > General > Profiles
- Trust the profile and close Settings
- Now tap on the Phoenix icon on your home screen
- Tap on Prepare for Jailbreak and then leave your device alone – the jailbreak will install, and your iPhone or iPad should reboot when done – the Cydia icon will now be visible.
- If it isn’t successful first time around, just keep trying – it might take a couple of attempts.
It’s as easy as that
If your Apple ID is a free one, the certificate expires after one week, after which, you will need to reinstall it.
Try installing Phoenix on your iOS 9 device and follow us on Facebook for more jailbreak updates.